Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+2
Mot
wing omega
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wing omega
Fledgling
Fledgling

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I feel that the reputation system needs major work if it's going to be used in DH2. Being hated or extremely disliked should take actual known efforts and activities to hurt the group and being hated by all groups should IMO be all but impossible
Back to top Go down
Mot
Fledgling
Fledgling
Mot

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Along these lines, should there be some species bias involved in starting reputations?

Trandoshan vs Wookiee for example, since the Wooks were used as slave labor to construct the Imperial war machine, and often overseen by Trandoshan slavers and taskmasters.

Doesnt' have to be a huge swing of reputation, but at least disliked/distrusted by a race that your race enslaved would make sense.

A similar thing from the Galactic Empire time would be the bias against non-humans. Not certain that it's needed in DH2, or even where it would be, but it definately -was- there in canon Smile
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Or, in the DH themeline, the hatred between Duros and Trandoshans.
Back to top Go down
yaala
Fledgling
Fledgling

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:31 am

Has this been changed? I mean, in DH1 reputation was really, really, really arbitrary. All the Jedi that I've +reputation'd in the past few minutes have bad reps with the Order, for instance...including Master Yoda and Tuil. The only way to get a decent rep in DH1 is to (virtually) abuse the code and/or get a group of friends to talk about you. All. The. Time. I remember, back when I was active, I'd see boards filled - literally filled - with speeches by/about two or three people, with like 40-50 posts of the same crap.
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 am

Reputation is no longer in the hands of code. It's not even _listed_ via code right now. It will be stored on your storyteller notes page for the time being (and if you have no special reputation with a group, it'll have a sane default -- for instance, if you're a member of the Republic military, the Sith will generally dislike you and the RDF will generally approve of you).

Making big public speeches is viable, but they will only gain you a reputation as an airy windbag or a spin doctor unless the content is persuasive and overexposure is kept down.
Back to top Go down
Vitacus
Nub--Newbie?!
Nub--Newbie?!

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:37 am

Trying to entertain those npc group objects and ending up listed as hated by the Hutts seemed harsh on DH1.
I gave up on that after a while, seemed pointless.
Back to top Go down
Bonker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: On a similar note   Reputation EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 pm

One of the problems with DH1 system was I would be liked by X group, and then I'd praise someone else who is also liked by X group, and suddenly I would be disliked by X group.

I don't remember what exactly it was, but something in the code made it seem like the NPC groups were from bizzaro world. I'm glad that was tossed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: Dark Horizons :: Community :: Code-Related Discussion-
Jump to: