Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Staff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paradox
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Paradox

Wanted: Staff Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Staff   Wanted: Staff EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Are you a coder? Do you know someone who is?

Do you have an interest in expanding off of the DH Universe?

Gulp recently shared he felt there had been no convincing vision, no group with coding skills, and nothing to wow him in handing over the Database.

I'm curious if there are any coders interested in working for a new DH game over the next year of development.

Are you interested in Staffing? In developing and serving as player relations? In judging scenes and conflicts? Can you be impartial? Can you be unbiased? Can you be productively active?

Do you have a vision or idea for a direction of the game? Is there something in Star Wars you've always wanted to see that isn't portrayed elsewhere?

To all of these questions, post or send me a PM. Let me share with you briefly Paradox's vision:

There are plenty of SW games out there. This era or that, this conflict or that. What makes Dark Horizons special were:

- The individual player's capability to determine their own course
- The ability to participate in the game without waiting for Staff
- The promise of conflict in many venues (Economic, Combat, Political)
- Many venues in which to develop your character
- The setting and theme

With that in mind, the vision for DH3:

Setting: When Republics fall, Empires rise. When Empires fall, anarchy ensues. Following the destruction of the Empire the worlds of the Galaxy slowly began to filter away from one another. Despite the attempts of the Rebellion to unite under a new flag of the Alliance, most worlds were still left with the bitter taste of the failed Republic in their mouths and the fear of a new Emperor. Segments of the Empire still remained under the extremely weakened military control, others broke off to carve off their own place in worlds. The Rebellion infighting spread as forces withdrew to their own corners. With the closing of the Civil War, the death of Vader and Palpatine, along with Skywalker's death shortly after the Death Star has all but exterminated the Jedi and Sith traditions. The Galaxy has become a dark place with little light left...

Dark Horizons 3: The Lingering Twilight

Theme: The theme of DH3 in this vision is one where there is no strong unifying central government, but rather segments and factions that are vying for control. Most worlds have become isolationist in relation to others allowing for crime to run rampant in the stars and darkness to spread. The galaxy is prime for warlords, or manipulative evil doers to spread their darkness, or for the noble leaders to try and reform a semblence of galactic government. In the end, the players will impact what will and what will not happen.

Staff: The role of staff on DH3 is to serve as mediators in player conflicts using transparent judgments. Staff will also work on expanding the grid, addressing code/bug issues, and to provide outside RP stimulants away from the main storyline. An example would be an Imperial Remnant invasion requiring one or two groups to intervene to prevent them from advancing.

Players: Players will be allowed to work independantly or form factions. Some planetary governments will exist. Players will attain influence over the world through combat, politics, or economics. The three spheres will relate to one another but no individual will be able to dominate all three spheres. A combat master would still need a political figure to keep a bounty off him or an economic benefactor to keep them in appropriate equipment. The direction of the Galaxy is dependant on players. If a faction recruits and grows and claims multiple worlds they obviously will need to control those worlds as well as direct them ,but the benefits of doing such are readily apparent.

NPCS: The galaxy is a very dark and dangerous place. NPCs will be more readily abundant in the Galaxy and more aggressive. The likelihood of getting mugged much higher. As such, all coded class skills and choices will include defensive and offensive adjustments for dealing with NPC forces. They may take the form as staff NPC player-hook chars, or simply NPC objects.

The Force: The Force will return to DH3 as a selectable option in CG. If an individual opts for the Force, they will have the Force Adept class choice available to them and as they advance in it, other options will become available. The Jedi are all but extinct in this world. The Sith are as well. The actions of Force Users will be dependant on the players, if players wish to form a new Jedi Order, that is up to them. Perhaps 2, or 3 will form as they are unable to agree on philosophy.

Summation: This is a work in progress, but if you are looking for 2-3 sentences for what DH3 would be in this vision.

Dark Horizons 3, set in the SW Universe following the collapse of all galactic governments. Players now have the chance to begin the SW Universe anew, to try and bring peace through new alliances or to conquer foes. The only thing pre-established, is that there is nothing established.
Back to top Go down
wing omega
Fledgling
Fledgling

Wanted: Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Staff   Wanted: Staff EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 am

I would be glad to help out with the ship design for this one. Depending on the exact tech setting I could either port my DH2 designs over or recreate the designs I originally envisioned for DH1 as needed plus finish the various DH2 designs I never completed for it.
Back to top Go down

Wanted: Staff
Page 1 of 1